Scheme of examination/Exam pattern of SSC CGL 2016
Before starting preparation for any exam , one needs to know the very basic thing of exam, i.e. the pattern of exam. One must know how is he going to prepare for all the stages in the exam and he must sharpen his skills accordingly so that he can achieve his goals successfully.
In this Post we have explained the exam pattern of SSC CGL. Basically it has three Tiers or stages of which last stage is nominal. Previously there were Interview but now there is no Interview for Group B and C posts in central Govt Recruitment.
The SSC CGL is conducted in 3 Stages
Tier - I Written Examination (Objective MCQ Type)
Tier -II Written Examination (Objective MCQ Type)
Tier -III Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test plus Document Verification
(Wherever Applicable )
1) Tier 1:
- Tier I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- There are 200 Questions asked from 4 sections (General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Qualitative Aptitude & English comprehension) for 200 marks in 120 minutes.
- Handicapped and Cerebral Palsy Candidates are given 40 minutes extra time.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B and C.
2) Tier 2:
- There are three papers of 200 marks each in 120 minutes.
- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts. Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr-II & Compiler
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer
- The cut-off for the interview is fixed on the basis of total marks scored in tier-I & tier-II
1. Interview is dispensed off from SSC CGL Posts, So there will be No Interview Conducted for SSC CGL 2016.
2. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): FOR THE POST OF TAX ASSISTANTS (CBDT & CBEC): The "Data Entry Speed" Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be held of qualifying nature
3. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold a qualifying nature CPT, comprising three tests - Word Processing, Excel Sheet and PowerPoint Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS.
Sharing is Caring, please share this post with your friends.